Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lesson learned



Sue-bee has big shoes to fill.

Lesson learned from when I sold the barge (Old Town Stillwater canoe) and received a beat down from daughter 1.1 for selling the first canoe we had adventures in ("Boo Dad boo").  I thought it best to bring a daughter; daughter 1.2 was available so we went vehicle shopping.

We tried this before when I had my eye on a Toyota Tacoma pick-up; Marissa shot it down in a hurry, "I can't recline the seat to sleep on road trips and I can't get my feet on the dash", so that was a no go.  We had better luck with the Subaru Forester, met all our needs and more importantly daughter approved.

So we said good bye to the jeep, ( worn and tattered as she was, brought us plenty of memories ) I was not going alone.  It was kind of an emotional moment, so many adventures, camping, climbing, sailing and paddling, drive-in movies and plenty of runs to the Kiltie for Custard, a main stay to our adventures big and small.

So enter stage right the Sue-bee Forester; a peppy little sports wagon with all wheel drive; roomy and comfortable; kinda nice having a newer vehicle that everything works.

So we will put her to the test, see if she can fill a pretty big set of shoes the jeep provided; so far so good, looking forward to our next adventure.

The Capt'n

No comments: